adds

Wednesday 29 February 2012

17 Days

17 days left until I can finally leave Taiwan. I've been counting down on my Iphone app.
I can't believe that in 17 days I'll actually leave this place. I keep thinking that something will probably go wrong and I'll be forced to stay here forever.

So far my new job seems great. They're paying for holidays, sick leave, and a transport allowance. I called the Japanese cultural office today and they told me they could process my working visa in one to two days. I didn't think that was actually possible.
But after the whole Hess experience I'm feeling a bit sceptical. I can't help but fear that this job might be the same as my current one, or worse.

I think working for HESS has given me a real reality shock into the real world, and that I can be taken advantage of anywhere at anytime. I feel as though Chinese has screwed me over in life. So far my pursuit of Mandarin has only lead to misery, I think that it's time I gave up. I admire all the other foreigners who can speak it fluently, or live in Taiwan for years, but I'm done peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket